|Warren M. Katz
Warren Katz is a partner and is head of the Corporate/Commercial Law Group in the Montréal office of Stikeman Elliott. Mr. Katz specializes in complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions involving both public and private companies and investment funds, public offerings, private placements and going private transactions.
Warren has received the following recognitions:
- International Financial Law Review's IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms 2017 as a leading lawyer in investment funds, private equity and M&A.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017, as one of Quebec's top mergers and acquisitions, corporate law (corporate finance) and leverage buyouts and private equity law lawyers.
- The 2017 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada in Corporate Finance & Securities, Corporate Mid-Market and M&A.
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada, corporate finance & securities and mergers & acquisitions (2016).
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016, as a leading practitioner in the corporate finance & securities, corporate mid-market, corporate commercial, private equity and mergers & acquisitions sectors.
- Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, June 2016.
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Media, A Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, 2016 edition for his expertise in corporate finance, corporate mid-market and M&A.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2015 in the capital markets sector.
- Recognized as a leading lawyer in Lexpert's Special Edition on Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, September 2014.
- Who's Who Legal 100 2014 in the capital markets sector.
- 2012 Chambers Global's The World's Leading Lawyers for Business as a recommended lawyer on corporate and M&A.
- International Law Office Client Choice Awards 2010, as the winner in the Mergers & Acquisitions category for Canada.
- He was named among the "Top 40 Corporate Lawyers to Watch" by Lexpert/American Lawyer in 2006 and was ranked as one of Canada's "Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers" by Lexpert in 2004.
Warren is a member of the Quebec and Ontario Bars and the Law Society of Upper Canada. Mr. Katz is also member of the office's Management Committee and Business Development Committee.
McGill University (B.C.L., 1995)
University of Ottawa (LL.B., 1994)
Concordia University (B.Comm., 1991)