D'Arcy Nordick is a partner in the Toronto office of Stikeman Elliott and co-head of the Capital Markets/Public Mergers & Acquisitions Group. His practice includes advising both foreign and domestic clients in a variety of industries on business law matters including mergers and acquisitions (both public and private), corporate finance, securities, corporate governance, structured financial products, licensing and joint ventures, project development, restructuring and general corporate and commercial law.
Mr. Nordick's diverse clientele includes banks, governmental and quasi-governmental entities, securities dealers, mining and resource companies, investment funds, technology companies, health care companies, industrial companies, retailers, infrastructure/P3 participants, food services companies, transportation companies, media and telecom companies and private equity firms. This breadth of experience and expertise contributes to and is the result of Mr. Nordick's practical, creative and business-focused approach to the needs of his clients.
Mr. Nordick is a member of the firm's M&A/Private Equity Group, Infrastucture/P3 Group, Mining Group, and Financial Products and Services Group.
Mr. Nordick is listed and recognized in the following publications:
- Chambers Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in Capital Markets: Debt and Equity.
- The International Financial Law Review's IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms 2017 as a rising star in Capital Markets.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a leading lawyer in each of the Corporate Mid-Market, Corporate Finance & Securities, Corporate Commercial, M&A and Mining sectors.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2016 in Mining.
- Who's Who Legal: Mining 2017.
- The 2015 Lexpert Guide to the Leading U.S./Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, June 2016.
- Lexpert Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining 2016.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, September 2015.
- Lexpert's 2010 Rising Stars as one of the "Leading Lawyers Under 40" in Canada.
Mr. Nordick is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Canadian Association of Law Teachers. Mr. Nordick has spoken and written on various topics related to corporate and securities law. He is an Adjunct Professor at Osgoode Hall Law School and has also lectured on corporate law at Queen's University Law School. Mr. Nordick is on the Board of the Osgoode Hall Law School Alumni Association and Chair of the Mentorship Program.
Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.M. 2003, LL.B./J.D. 1998), University of Western Ontario (MA 1995, BA Honours 1994)