|Ross A. MacDonald Q.C.
Ross MacDonald was one of the six lawyers who opened the Vancouver office in 1988. He has been the managing partner since 1999.
Mr. MacDonald's diverse real estate and commercial practice emphasizes acquisitions, leasing, financing, and all aspects of major multi-use development projects, including zoning, subdivision, environmental remediation, governmental and municipal approvals.
His practice also includes corporate, real estate-based transactions involving pension fund syndications as well as public-private partnership infrastructure and concession agreements.
Appointed in 1988, Mr. MacDonald continues to act as lead counsel responsible for the development of Concord Pacific Place, the 200+ acre former site of Expo 86 located in downtown Vancouver.
Born and raised in Greater Vancouver, Mr. MacDonald has in-depth knowledge of the region's municipal landscape and its real estate opportunities and challenges.
Mr. MacDonald's knowledge, strategies and expertise have led him to be recognized in many legal and industry publications. His recent listings include:
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 for Real Estate Law.
- The Chambers Global 2016 Guide as a leading lawyer in Real Estate.
- The 2017 Chambers Canada Guide as one of only two top-ranked Band 1 lawyers in Real Estate (BC).
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a leading practitioner in Property Development.
- Lexpert's Special Edition on Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, September 2015.
- The International Who's Who of Real Estate Lawyers 2015.
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated according to Martindale-Hubbell, its highest level of professional ranking.
Mr. MacDonald is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia.
University of British Columbia (LL.B. 1982).
British Columbia, 1983