|Jay C. Kellerman
Jay Kellerman is Managing Partner of the firm's Toronto office. He is a partner in Stikeman Elliott's corporate-commercial section in Toronto and co-head of the Global Mining Group. Mr. Kellerman has more than 25 years of experience as a corporate lawyer, primarily involved in securities related matters, including financings and mergers and acquisitions. His clients include public companies and Canadian securities dealers as well as independent committees involved in considering related party and other similar transactions.
Mr. Kellerman is recognized as one of the top mining lawyers in the world by Who's Who Legal and is considered a "most highly regarded individual" and "excellent" in financing and M&A by International Who's Who of Mining Lawyers and "one of the best in the business" by International Who's Who of Business Lawyers as it relates to mining. He is further listed and recognized by the following publications:
- Chambers Latin America 2017, ranked in Band 1 for Projects: Mining: Leading Canadian Firms.
- Lexpert's Special Edition on Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, June 2016.
- The Chambers Global 2016 Guide, ranked in Band 1 for both Energy and Natural Resources: Mining and Projects: Mining: Leading Canadian Firms (Experts Based Abroad). The guide notes that he is described as "brilliant", "is a force to be reckoned with", "he has done a great job mentoring and developing his team and he's a go-to guy when there is a difficult task at hand", and "a first-rate guy to have on a deal because he covers the legal side in a commercial context."
- Chambers Canada 2017 as a Band 1 ranked lawyer in Energy & Natural Resources: Mining, with clients noting "He has done a great job mentoring and developing his team and he's a go-to guy when there is a difficult task at hand."
- The 2016 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada in Corporate Finance & Securities and Mining.
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 for his expertise in Mining Law, Natural Resources Law and Securities Law, Best Lawyers in Canada 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" in Natural Resources Law, Toronto, and Best Lawyers in Canada 2015 "Lawyer of the Year" in Mining Law, Toronto.
- The Legal 500 Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in Energy: Mining.
- Lexpert's Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining 2016.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a leading practitioner in the areas of Corporate Finance & Securities, Mining, Corporate Commercial Law, and Mergers & Acquisitions Law.
- The 2015 Lexpert Guide to the Leading U.S./Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada in the areas of Corporate Finance & Securities, M&A and Mining Law.
- Who's Who Legal: Mining.
- The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2015 in Mining.
Mr. Kellerman is a member of PDAC.
University of Windsor (LL.B. 1986).
Mr. Kellerman spent one year seconded to the General Counsel's Office of the Ontario Securities Commission.