|Philip J. Henderson
Philip Henderson is a partner in the Toronto office of Stikeman Elliott, co-head of the firm's Financial Products & Services Group and served on the firm's Partnership Board from 2003 to 2009. His practice focuses principally on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and securities law matters including structured products and derivatives. Mr. Henderson was managing principal of the firm's London, England office from 1999 to 2001.
Mr. Henderson advises a wide variety of clients on complex corporate and securities law matters including with respect to investment funds, financial institutions, initial public offerings and other underwritings, structured products and derivatives. He has extensive experience with equity and credit derivative structured transactions, equity and debt finance transactions, initial public offerings, and merger and acquisition transactions.
Mr. Henderson is listed and recognized in the following publications:
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in Derivatives Law, Securities Law and Structured Finance Law, and named 2011 "Lawyer of the Year" in Derivatives Law, Toronto.
- The Legal 500 Canada 2016 as a recommended lawyer in the area of capital markets.
- The 2016 Lexpert/American Lawyer's Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada for Derivative Instruments.
- Lexpert's Special Edition on Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers, November 2015.
- Lexpert's Special Edition on Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, September 2015.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a leading practitioner "most frequently recommended" in the area of Derivative Instruments and "repeatedly recommended" in the areas of Corporate Finance & Securities and Corporate Commercial Law.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2016 in Capital Markets - Structured Finance.
- The International Who's Who of Capital Markets Lawyers and The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers.
Mr. Henderson is a member of the International Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He was an adjunct professor at the Faculty of Law, The University of Western Ontario, where he taught Advanced Company Law, from 1992 to 1994. Mr. Henderson was a member of the Ontario Securities Commission Task Force on Debt-Like Derivatives from 1996 to 1999.
Osgoode Hall Law School, York University (LL.B. 1984);
Trinity College, University of Toronto (BA 1981).