|Peter E. Hamilton
Peter Hamilton is a partner in the firm's corporate-commercial section in Toronto. He joined Stikeman Elliott in 1987 and became a partner in 1990. He practises extensively in the area of banking and corporate finance with particular emphasis in the areas of corporate finance, project finance, the regulation of financial institutions, derivatives, structured finance and insolvency.
Mr. Hamilton is listed and recognized in the following publications:
- Chambers Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in Banking & Finance and Banking & Finance: Financial Services Regulation, with clients noting he's "very practical and experienced."
- Chambers Global 2016 as a leading lawyer in Banking & Finance and Banking & Finance: Financial Services.
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in Banking and Finance and Corporate and Derivatives Law.
- The 2016 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada in the area of Banking & Financial Institutions.
- The Legal 500 Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in the area of Banking and Finance, who is an "expert in Canadian banking law and has very good knowledge of derivatives".
- Lexpert's Special Edition on Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, September 2015
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a leading practitioner in the Banking & Financial Institutions, Derivative Instruments, Financial Institutions Regulation: Ontario, and Project Finance sectors.
- The 2015 Lexpert Guide to the Leading U.S./Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada in the area of Banking & Financial Institutions.
- International Financial Law Review's IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms 2017 as a leading lawyer in Financial Services Regulatory, Restructuring/Insolvency, Banking, Project Finance and Capital Markets: Structured Finance and Securitisation..
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2016 in Banking.
- The International Who's Who of Banking Lawyers and The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2016 for banking law.
- Legal Media Group's 2016 Expert Guides: Banking and Expert Guides: Structured Finance and Securitisation.
Mr. Hamilton has lectured on banking law at both Queen's University and Osgoode Hall Law School.
University of Oxford (B.C.L. First Class Honours 1982), McGill University (B.C.L./LL.B. Gold Medallist 1980).