Jonathan Drance was a senior partner and in January 2014 he transitioned to being a consultant to Stikeman Elliott. He has specialized expertise in project development and financing including undertaking various activities in M&A and the capital markets.
From 2008 to 2010 Mr. Drance served on the Board of BC Hydro and, at various times, served as Chair of each of its Corporate Governance Committee and its Capital Projects Committee.
Mr. Drance is listed and recognized in the following publications:
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in the areas of Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Securities.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a leading practitioner in Corporate Commercial, Corporate Finance & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity.
- Lexpert's Special Edition on Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, June 2016.
- Lexpert's Special Edition on Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers, November 2015.
- The 2014 Lexpert/American Lawyer's Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada for Corporate Finance & Securities, and in 2013 for Corporate Finance and Corporate & Commerical law.
- The International Who's Who of Capital Markets Lawyers 2012-15 and is noted for providing "stellar" advice in The Who's Who Legal 100 2013.
- Legal Media Group's Guide to the Leading Banking, Finance and Transactional Lawyers 2013 for his expertise in M&A.
- The 2012 Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada in the areas of Corporate Finance & Securities and M&A.
- He is AV® Peer Review Rated according to Martindale-Hubbell (Very High to Pre-eminent), its highest level of professional ranking.
Mr. Drance is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Law Society of Upper Canada and the Law Society of British Columbia.
University of Toronto (LL.B. Gold Medallist 1978), Harvard University (BA magna cum laude 1975).
British Columbia, 1984