Alix d'Anglejan-Chatillon is Co-Chair of Stikeman Elliott's Financial Products & Services practice group and a partner in the firm's Montréal Office. She practices principally in the areas of investment management, the regulation of capital markets and derivatives. Her clients include North-American and European-based investment fund managers, including managers of mutual funds, pooled funds, hedge funds, private equity, real estate and infrastructure funds, and fund of fund structures, as well as commercial and investment banks, investment advisers, broker-dealers and other financial sector stakeholders. She also represents institutional, family office and high net worth investors in connection with their investments in various investment fund and other asset management structures. She advises her clients on all transactional and regulatory aspects of their organization, operations, fundraising activities, downstream investments and securities and derivatives trading, as well as in connection with M&A, spin-out and other corporate transactions in the asset management space. Her areas of expertise include the structuring and formation of funds of all types, including hedge funds, private equity, venture capital and real estate funds, and other types of investment vehicles across a broad range of asset classes. She has also been engaged in the formation of a number of Canadian fund structures for Mexico-based sponsors and managers.
Alix d'Anglejan-Chatillon also regularly advises on derivatives regulatory matters, including derivatives trading, reporting and financial market infrastructure issues and in connection with other emerging issues in the regulation of OTC derivatives in the Canadian market. She also advises on anti-money laundering and terrorist financing regulation and frequently lectures on derivatives, hedge funds and financial products regulation.
Ms. d'Anglejan-Chatillon is included in the following publications:
- Chambers Canada: Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business 2017 as a leading lawyer in Investment Funds.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in securities and private funds law.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a practitioner "consistently recommended" in the area of derivative instruments and "repeatedly recommended in Investment Funds & Asset Management.
- The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2015.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2015, as a most highly-regarded individual in the private funds sector, with the quote: "The terrific Alix d'Anglejan-Chatillon receives recognition for the sound advice that she delivers, particularly when dealing with investment management cases".
- The International Who's Who of Private Funds Lawyers 2015.
- Who's Who Legal 100 2014 in the private funds sector.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2012 in the private funds sector, which states that "Alix d'Anglejan-Chatillon is 'a star' in investment management. She is described by peers as 'technically amazing' and 'very committed to her work".
Ms. d'Anglejan-Chatillon is also a member of the firm's Emissions Trading and Climate Change practice group. She is Co-chair of the firm's Professional and Ethics Committee and a member of the Gender Balance Initiative of the Montréal office.
Ms. d'Anglejan-Chatillon practiced in the New York office from 1997 to 2001. She was previously a partner leading in a Paris-based law firm with which she practiced from 1990 to 1997. She practiced in the Montréal office of Stikeman Elliott from 1986 to 1990.
Ms. d'Anglejan-Chatillon is a member of the Quebec Bar. She is Avocat à la cour de Paris. In addition, she is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Montréal Museum of Fine Arts, a member of the Board of Directors of the French Chamber of Commerce in Canada and a member of the American Foreign Lawyers Association.
She is also a member of the American Bar Association (Derivatives and Futures Law Committee; Federal Regulation of Securities Committee and Hedge Funds Sub-Committee) and a member of the International Bar Association (Investment Funds).
McGill University (B.C.L., 1988), McGill University (LL.B., 1987) and Queen's University (B.A., Hons, 1984).