|Leland P. Corbett
Leland Corbett is the Managing Partner of Stikeman Elliott's Calgary office whose practice focuses on the corporate-commercial area. Mr. Corbett frequently acts in public and private financing and other capital markets transactions, including corporate and investment banking transactions, share and asset acquisitions and dispositions, securities transactions and other merger and acquisition activity.
Mr. Corbett has been senior counsel in many large and complex corporate transactions. He also has considerable expertise in corporate reorganizations, restructurings, spin-offs and large commercial matters. He has acted for a broad range of international, national and regional companies, financial advisors and underwriters in public and private debt and equity financings and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Corbett is listed and recognized in the following publications:
- Chambers Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in Corporate/Commercial (Alberta), with clients noting "impressed with his work: he is very thorough and intelligent".
- International Financial Law Review's IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms 2017 as a leading lawyer in Banking and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a leading lawyer in Banking & Financial Institutions, Corporate Commercial Law, Corporate Finance & Securities and Private Equity.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law and Securities Law.
- Who's Who Legal Canada 2016 in Energy.
- Who's Who Legal 100 2016, Who's Who Legal Energy 2016, The International Who's Who of Energy Lawyers 2014.
- Lexpert Guide 2016 to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada in the area of Corporate Finance & Securities.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers, 2016.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, 2016.
- Rated BV® Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Board.
Mr. Corbett is a member of the Canadian and Calgary Bar Associations.
University of Alberta (LL.B. 1994, MBA 1993, B.Sc. with distinction in Mechanical Engineering 1990).