Maxime Turcotte is a partner in the Montréal office of Stikeman Elliott and member of the Corporate/Commercial Group. His practice is primarily focused on providing corporate and securities law advice (often with a cross-border or international component) in the context of corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, financial restructurings and project financings. He has acquired extensive experience working on project finance, development and acquisition transactions in the energy industry, in particular on wind power and hydro projects.
Mr. Turcotte is included in the following publications:
- Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers, November 2016.
- International Financial Law Review's IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms 2017, as a rising star in banking and project finance.
- The 2017 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada in Corporate Finance & Securities.
- Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Lawyers in Global Mining, October 2016.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in the corporate, mergers and acquisitions and securities law sectors.
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada, corporate finance & securities (2016).
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016, as a leading practitioner "most frequently recommended" in the corporate finance & securities sector and "repeatedly recommended" in the corporate commercial and mergers and acquisitions sectors.
- Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, June 2016.
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Media, A Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (2016).
- The Legal 500 Canada 2015 in the area of Energy: Power;
- Lexpert's Special Edition on Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, September 2015.
- The 2014 Rising Stars edition of Lexpert as one of the Leading Lawyers Under 40 in Canada.
Mr. Turcotte is a member of the Québec Bar. He is Chair of the Continuing Legal Education Committee of the Montréal office of Stikeman Elliott and a member of the Gender Balance Initiatives Committee.
Mr. Turcotte is a lecturer in Public M&A at the Faculty of Law, Université de Montréal.
London School of Economics and Political Science, (M.Sc. Politics of the World Economy, with merit, 2003), Laval University, Québec, Canada, (Bachelor of Law, Civil, 2000) and University of Western Ontario, (Law Faculty, 2000).