Steeve Robitaille is a partner in the Corporate/Commercial Law Group in the Montréal office of Stikeman Elliott and a member of the firm's Partnership Board and Executive Committee. He practices principally in securities, public and private mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance. He also carries out work for public companies, underwriters and private equity funds. He advises on corporate governance matters, as well.
Mr. Robitaille is included in the following publications:
Assignments have included:
- International Financial Law Review's IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms 2017, as a leading lawyer in M&A.
- Chambers Canada: Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business 2017 as a leading lawyer in Corporate/Commercial - Québec.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in the corporate, securities and mergers and acquisitions law sectors.
- The Legal 500 Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in Capital Markets.
- The 2017 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada in Corporate Commercial Law, Corporate Mid-Market, Corporate Finance & Securities and M&A.
- The 2016 Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada, corporate finance & securities and mergers & acquisitions.
- Recognized by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2015, as a leading practitioner in the area of corporate finance & securities, corporate mid-market, mergers & acquisitions and corporate-commercial law and as one of the 40 Corporate Lawyers to Watch in 2006 and as one of the Top 40 under 40 Lawyers in 2004.
- Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, June 2016.
- The 2016 Chambers Global's Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading practitioner in the corporate and M&A sector.
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Media publication, A Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, 2016 edition.
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2014 Montréal Securities Law Lawyer of the Year.
- counsel to purchasers, sellers, boards of directors, bankers, and financial advisors in connection with Canadian and international public mergers and acquisitions;
- counsel to issuers and underwriters in the context of public offerings and private placements in Canada and abroad;
- counsel to public corporations, securities dealers and investment advisors in connection with securities matters, including restructurings and investment funds and derivatives;
- counsel to board of directors of public companies and corporations on corporate governance matters.
Mr. Robitaille is a member of the Quebec Bar and of the Canadian Bar Association. He is also a member of the Management Committee as well as the Gender Balance Initiative Committee of the Montreal Office.
Laval University, (LL.B., 1993).