|Erik Richer La Flèche
Erik Richer La Flèche is a transaction lawyer qualified to practice in Quebec (1979) and Ontario (1987), Canada. He has advised corporations, lenders and governments on M&A transactions and large capital projects (e.g., infrastructure, mining, energy and electricity) in more than 35 countries, including Armenia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bolivia, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada, Chad, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, El Salvador, France, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Mali, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Panama, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, United Kingdom, Vietnam.
Erik Richer La Flèche also regularly advises start-ups and SMEs. From 1987 to 1998 he accompanied Fonorola Inc., a Canadian telecommunications company, from start-up to hostile takeover target. He was a Fonorola director when it was taken over for $1.8 billion. From 1999 to 2015 he was a founding shareholder, director and investment committee member of Cordiant Capital Inc, a Montreal-based adviser to funds lending to emerging market private sector corporations. In 2012 he began assisting Spundge Inc. (www.spundge.com), a software/ social media venture.
Erik Richer La Flèche also advises on procurement, including anti-corruption compliance, and is co-head of the Infrastructure Group and a member of the Energy, Mining, First Nations, India and Japan practice groups. From 1981 to 1984 he was seconded to Anderson Mori & Tomotsune (Tokyo).
Mr. Richer La Flèche is included in the following publications:
- Who's Who Legal: Project Finance 2017.
- The Legal 500 Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in Infrastructure and Projects.
- Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers, November 2016.
- International Financial Law Review's IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms 2017, as a leading lawyer in project finance.
- Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Lawyers in Global Mining, October 2016.
- Chambers Canada: Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business 2017 as a leading lawyer in Projects: PPP & Infrastructure.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in project finance law, energy law and energy regulatory law.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 in infrastructure, mining, energy (electricity) and project finance.
- Legal Media Group's Expert Guide to the World's Leading Banking, Finance and Transactional Attorney 2016 in the project finance sector.
- The 2016 Chambers Global's The World's Leading Lawyers for Business as a recommended lawyer in Projects: PPP & Infrastructure.
- The 2016 Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada for Energy (Electricity).
- Who's Who Legal: Energy 2016.
- Who's Who Legal: Government Contracts 2016.
- Lexpert Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, special edition, September 2016.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2016 as Energy Regulation "Lawyer of the Year", in Montréal.
- Legal Media Group's Expert Guide to the World's Leading Energy Lawyers 2016 as a "leading lawyer" in energy.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2015 ranked as a most highly-regarded individual in project finance.
- Who's Who Legal 100 2014 in the project finance and public procurement sectors.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2014 in the project finance and public procurement sectors.
Mr. Richer La Flèche is a member of the Bar of the Province of Quebec and a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario, Canada). He is also a member of the Continuing Legal Education Committee.
Kyoto Japanese Language School, Kyoto, Japan (1985); McGill University, Faculty of Law, Montréal, Canada (B.C.L. 1978); McGill University, Faculty of Law, Montréal, Canada (LL.B. 1977) and, College Stanislas, Montréal, Canada (French Baccalaureate, 1974).