Éric Mongeau is a partner in the commercial litigation section of Stikeman Elliott's Montréal office. He regularly appears in front of civil courts under provincial and federal jurisdictions, including the Supreme Court of Canada. He also possesses a vast experience in front of administrative and arbitration tribunals. His practice of general commercial litigation is focused more particularly in the energy, transportation, telecommunications and construction sectors and in the fields of administrative law and defamation law. During the last years, he has developed a particular expertise in commercial arbitration, both local and international.
Mr. Mongeau is included in the following publications:
- Legal Media Group's Benchmark Canada: The Definitive Guide to Canada's Leading Litigation Firms 2015;
- The 2016 Chambers Canada's Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading lawyer in Dispute Resolution - Québec and is described as "an excellent pleader" who is "very good to work for, with and against";
- The 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada in corporate and commercial litigation (alternative dispute resolution);
- Recognized by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2015 as a leading practitioner "consistently recommended" in the litigation corporate commercial sector and "repeatedly recommended" in the construction law sector;
- Chambers Global's 2015 Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading practitioner in Dispute Resolution in Quebec;
- Lexpert's special edition on Canada's Leading Litigation Lawyers, December 2015;
- The Legal 500 Canada 2014 in the dispute resolution sector;
- The 2014 Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Litigation Lawyers in Canada in the area of corporate commercial litigation;
- He is ranked (BV) in the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, for his greatly appreciated judicial skills and his professional ethic.
Mr. Mongeau is a member of the London Court of International Arbitration North American Users' Council.
Pro Bono Activities
He provided advocacy training to a group of counsel working for the Office of the Prosecution of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR), during the course of a UN sponsored pro bono mission in Arusha,Tanzania.
London School of Economics (LL.M. European Law, with merits 1993), Laval University (LL.B., Dean's list, 1991).