Kevin Kyte is a partner in the Montréal office of Stikeman Elliott. He is Chair of the Montréal Office's Knowledge Management & Legal Innovation Committee and a member of the firm's IT Priority Board. His practice focuses primarily on domestic and international mergers & acquisitions, corporate, commercial, infrastructure, information technology, securities, governmental requests for proposals and contracts, Investment Canada and regulatory issues in business and financing transactions, including joint ventures, outsourcing, private placements, privatizations, reorganizations and corporate governance. He has worked extensively with many industries, including energy, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical, pulp and paper, aluminum, steel, construction, heavy equipment manufacturers, engineering, mining, Voice Over IP and software.
In addition to Canada, his work experience includes transactions in the United States, Europe, Australia, India and the Caribbean.
Mr. Kyte is included in the following publications:
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in the corporate law and mergers & acquisitions law sectors;
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2016;
- Recognized by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016, as a leading practitioner in corporate commercial law and mergers and acquisitions sectors.
Mr. Kyte is a member of the Canadian Bar Association (Corporate, Commercial Law section), the Québec Bar and the American Bar Association (Business Law Section).
With the American Bar Association, he is:
- the Co-Vice Chair, Market Trends sub-committee of the M&A Committee of the Business Law Section;
- Chair of the Canadian Private Deal Points Studies, since 2014;
- an issue group leader on the 2013 and 2015 Canadian Public Target Deal Points Studies;
- an issue group leader of the US Private Deal Point Studies; and
- co-lead of the working group to update closing conditions on the proposed revision to the ABA Model Asset Purchase Agreement.
He was a member until January 2014 of the International Editorial Board of Koncision Contract Automation LLC. He is a Gouverneur de la Fondation du Barreau du Québec.
Mr. Kyte also works on pro bono matters. He was a member of the board of directors and secretary of Action Against Hunger, Canada from 2006 to 2016. He is the Chair of the Board of Directors, as well as a member of the Building Search Committee and the Finance Committee of Centennial Academy and College, a local high school and CEGEP (a junior college). He was recently named to the governance committee of the Montreal Children's Hospital Foundation.
McGill University, (LL.B. & B.C.L. 1989) and McGill University, (B. Commerce. 1985).