|Jean Marc Huot
Jean Marc Huot is a partner in the Montréal office of Stikeman Elliott and a member of Stikeman Elliott's Corporate/Commercial Group. His practice is focused primarily in the areas of securities and mergers and acquisitions. Assignments have included:
- counsel to purchasers, sellers, boards of directors, bankers, and financial advisors in connection with Canadian and international public mergers and acquisitions;
- counsel to issuers and underwriters in the context of public offerings and private placements in Canada and abroad;
- counsel to public corporations, securities dealers and investment advisors in connection with securities matters, including restructurings, investment funds and derivatives; and
- counsel in connection with Canadian and international private mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures.
Other transactions in respect of which Mr. Huot has advised include Canadian and international privatizations.
Mr. Huot is included in the following publications:
- The 2015 Chambers Global's The World's Leading Lawyers for Business as a recommended lawyer in Corporate and M&A;
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2015 Montréal Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year;
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2015 in the corporate, mergers & acquisitions and securities law sectors;
- Recognized by the IFLR1000 Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms as a leading lawyer in banking, financial services and investment management, 2015 edition;
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Media, A Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, 2015 edition;
- Recognized by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2014, as a leading practitioner in the corporate commercial law, corporate finance & securities, private equity and mergers & acquisitions sectors;
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada, corporate finance & securities and mergers & acquisitions (2014);
- Who's Who Legal 100 2014 , noted for his "high-quality" counsel and "excellent strategic thinking" in the capital markets sector;
- Lexpert Leading Corporate Lawyers, special edition, June 2014;
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2014 in the capital markets sector;
- Who's Who Legal, The International Who's Who of Capital Markets Lawyers, 2013 edition; and
- The 2012 PLC Which Lawyer? as recommended in Corporate/M&A and PLC's M&A Multi-Jurisdictional Guide 2012/2013.
Mr. Huot is a member of the Quebec Bar and a member of the Canadian Bar Association. He is also a member of the Advisory Committee to the Chair of the Autorité des marchés financiers.
Laval University (LL.B., 1986) and Laval University (B.A., 1983).