Peter Castiel is a partner in the Montréal office of Stikeman Elliott in the Corporate Commercial Group and is a member of the firm's Partnership Board. Mr. Castiel is a member of the Premises Committee and of the Gender Balance Initiative Committee. Mr. Castiel's practice primarily focuses on cross border mergers and acquisitions and financings. Mr. Castiel has extensive expertise in advising private equity funds, sovereign wealth funds and leading public and private companies in connection with acquisitions, divestitures and investments.
Mr. Castiel has spent some time in Hong Kong where he represented Canadian interests in international joint ventures and project financings for infrastructure projects in the People's Republic of China.
Mr. Castiel is included in the following publications:
- Chambers Canada: Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business 2017 as a leading lawyer in Corporate/Commercial - Québec.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in corporate law, mergers & acquisitions and leveraged buyouts and private equity law.
- The 2017 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada in Corporate Mid-Market and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2016.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016, as a leading practitioner in the areas of corporate mid-market, corporate commercial, private equity and mergers & acquisitions.
- Lexpert's Special Edition Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, June 2016.
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Media publication, A Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, 2016 edition.
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2016 Montréal leveraged buyouts and private equity law Lawyer of the Year.
- Who's Who Legal: M&A and Governance 2016 in the mergers and acquisitions sector.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2015 in the mergers and acquisitions sector.
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2014 Montréal Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity LawLawyer of the year.
- Who's Who Legal 100 2012 in the mergers and acquisitions sector.
- The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2012 in the area of Mergers and Acquisitions.
- LawDay's Leading Lawyers for Mergers and Acquisitions, 2009 edition.
- Recognized by Lexpert, the Canadian Legal Directory, as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers in 2006.
Mr. Castiel is a speaker at conferences dealing with latest developments and trends in mergers and acquisitions. He is a member of the Québec Bar.
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada, (LL.B., Common Law, Magna Cum Laude, 1993), University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada, (LL.L., Civil Law, Cum Laude, 1992) and Concordia University, Montréal, Canada, (B.A., Honours, Political Science, 1989).