Robert Carelli is a partner and head of the Securities Group in the Montréal office of Stikeman Elliott. His practice is focused primarily in the areas of securities, corporate finance, public and private mergers and acquisitions and governance matters. He advises issuers and underwriters on public offerings and private placements, boards of directors and private equity funds. Robert is a member of the Legal Advisory Committee of the Autorité des marchés financiers. He is also a member of the Montréal office's Associates Committee.
Mr. Carelli is included in the following publications:
- Chambers Canada: Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business 2017 as a leading lawyer in Corporate/Commercial - Québec.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in the corporate law, mergers & acquisitions and securities law sectors.
- The 2017 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada in Corporate Finance & Securities and Corporate Mid-Market.
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada, corporate finance & securities and mergers & acquisitions, 2016.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016, as a leading practitioner in the corporate finance & securities, M&A, corporate mid-market and corporate commercial law.
- Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, June 2016.
- Lexpert/American Lawyer Media's 2016 A Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada.
- Recognized as a Canadian "lawyer to watch" in Lexpert's 2012 Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada.
- 2011 Lexpert's Rising Stars as one of the "40 Leading Lawyers Under 40" in Canada.
Assignments have included:
- counsel to issuers and underwriters in the context of public offerings and private placements in Canada and abroad;
- counsel to public corporations, securities dealers and investment advisors in connection with securities matters, including restructurings and investment funds and derivatives;
- counsel to purchasers, sellers, boards of directors, bankers, and financial advisors in connection with Canadian and international public mergers and acquisitions;
- counsel in connection with Canadian and international private mergers and acquisitions; and
- counsel to public corporations on corporate governance matters.
Mr. Carelli is a member of the Quebec Bar and a member of the Canadian Bar Association.
McGill University, (B.C.L. & LL.B., 1999) and McGill University, (B.COMM., 1994).