|Craig A. Story
Craig Story is a partner in Stikeman Elliott's Calgary office and is a member of the firm's Partnership Board. Mr. Story practices corporate and securities law, including public and private capital markets offerings, private equity and venture capital funds, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Mr. Story's corporate finance practice includes advising issuers, major investors and underwriters in both the public and exempt markets. Specific transaction experience includes bought deals, MJDS offerings, shelf prospectuses, private equity and venture capital fund creation, restructuring and initial public offerings. He advises clients and special committees with respect to numerous types of merger and acquisition and other strategic transactions. Representative clients include energy companies, service and infrastructure companies, private equity firms and their portfolio companies, midstream companies and investment bankers.
Mr. Story has been counsel to issuers and underwriters with respect to private placements and public offerings, including cross-border offerings for both debt and equity financings. He has also provided advice to private equity funds with respect to structuring, financing, investment and divestiture matters.
Mr. Story is listed and recognized in the following publications:
- Chambers Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in Corporate/Commercial (Alberta), with clients noting "very good to deal with".
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a leading lawyer in Corporate Finance and Securities, Corporate Mid-Market, Corporate Commercial Law, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity.
- The 2017 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada in Corporate Commercial Law and Corporate Mid-Market.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in Corporate, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity, M&A and Securities Law.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 as "Lawyer of the Year" in Calgary Corporate Law.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2016 as "Lawyer of the Year" in Calgary Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2015 in Capital Markets.
- Who's Who Legal 100 2014.
- Lexpert Guide 2016 to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada in the area of Corporate.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, 2016.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers, 2016.
- Rated BV® Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Board.
Mr. Story is a member of the Law Society of Alberta, the Calgary Bar Association and the Canadian Bar Association. He is also a member of Canada's Venture Capital & Private Equity Association.
University of Toronto (LL.B. 1996), Canadian Securities Course (Honours 1996), University of Calgary (B.Comm. Finance, with distinction 1993).