|Chrysten E. Perry
Chrysten Perry is a partner in the Calgary office of Stikeman Elliott and co-chair of the firm's Energy Group. She has over 25 years' experience practising corporate and commercial law related to oil and gas projects, spanning a number of industry sectors including conventional petroleum and natural gas, LNG, NGLs, heavy oil, shale and coal-bed methane. She structures, negotiates and drafts agreements for joint ventures, partnerships and other investments in the oil & gas industry and advises on operating and governance matters. She also advises on complex asset purchase and sale and equity purchase and sale transactions and is experienced with processing, sales and transportation, marketing and operational issues facing energy companies.
Her advice is frequently sought in connection with the strategic and business law aspects of oil and gas projects by companies working in the upstream and downstream sectors and by pipeline and midstream companies.
Ms. Perry has led deals in Canada, the US, Colombia, Australia, Libya, Trinidad, New Zealand, the North Sea, Indonesia and Cyprus.
Ms. Perry is recognized for her expertise in the following:
- Chambers Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional).
- Chambers Global 2017 as a leading lawyer in Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional), with clients noting "practical, no-nonsense style and ability to address issues in a timely and efficient way".
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a leading lawyer in Energy (Oil & Gas).
- The Legal 500 Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in Energy: Oil and Gas.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in Energy Law.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2016 in Energy.
- The International Who's Who of Oil and Gas Lawyers.
- 2016 Expert Guides: Energy and Natural Resources, 2016 Expert Guides: Women in Business Law.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers, 2016.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, 2016.
- Rated BV® Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Board.
Ms. Perry is a director of the Canadian Energy Law Foundation and a member of the Law Society of Alberta.
University of Alberta (LL.B. 1986), University of Alberta (B.A. (Hons) 1982).
Prior to joining Stikeman Elliott LLP, Ms. Perry was a partner and the Head of Energy, Canada at a major global law firm.