John Ciardullo is a partner in the Toronto office of Stikeman Elliott LLP where he is head of the Corporate Department and a former head of the Capital Markets/Public Mergers & Acquisitions Group. Mr. Ciardullo has significant experience in a wide range of corporate and securities transactions with a particular emphasis on complex merger and acquisitions transactions, proxy contests/contested meetings and corporate finance transactions. In this context, he counsels clients on a wide variety of matters including transaction structuring, acquisition and defense strategy and compliance with fiduciary duties as well as other relevant aspects of applicable law.
Mr. Ciardullo is listed and recognized in the following publications:
- Lexpert's Special Edition on Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, June 2016.
- Chambers and Partners' Chambers Global 2017 as a leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A transactions.
- Chambers Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in Corporate/Commercial: Ontario, with clients noting "he is one of the best lawyers I have ever worked with - he is amazing."
- International Financial Law Review's IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms 2017 as a leading lawyer in Mergers & Acquisitions.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in Mergers and Acquisitions law.
- The Legal 500 Canada 2017 as a leading lawyer in Capital Markets and Corporate and M&A.
- The 2017 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada in Corporate Commercial Law, Corporate Finance & Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Lexpert's Guide to the Leading U.S./Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a leading lawyer for Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Finance & Securities, and Corporate Commercial Law.
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2016 in Mergers & Acquisitions.
- One of Lexpert's Top 40 under 40 Lawyers in 2007.
From 2008-2010, Mr. Ciardullo was a member of the Securities Advisory Committee to the Ontario Securities Commission, a body that provides advice to the Commission and its staff on a variety of matters including policy initiatives, capital markets trends and legal, regulatory and market implications of Commission rules, policies, operations and administration.
Queen's University (LL.B 1995), University of Waterloo (1988-1991).