|Christopher W. Nixon
|Champs de pratique
Christopher Nixon is a partner in Stikeman Elliott's Securities Group in Calgary and head of the national China Coverage Group. His practice focuses on business law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, joint ventures, corporate and trust reorganizations and corporate governance. His practice involves both transactional and advisory assignments, representing, among others, oil and gas exploration entities, oilfield service entities and investment dealers in Canada, the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Mr. Nixon is listed and recognized in, among others, the following publications:
- Chambers Canada 2017 as a Band 1 ranked lawyer in Corporate/Commercial (Alberta).
- Chambers Global 2017 as a leading lawyer in Corporate/M&A.
- International Financial Law Review's IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms 2017 as a leading lawyer in Capital Markets: Debt and Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 as a leading lawyer in Corporate Commercial Law, Corporate Finance & Securities, Corporate Mid-Market, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Energy (Oil & Gas).
- The 2017 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada in Mergers & Acquisitions.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 in Corporate Law - Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Oil & Gas Law, Securities Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law.
- Who's Who Legal Canada 2016 in Energy.
- Who's Who Legal: Capital Markets 2016, The International Who's Who of Energy Lawyers 2014.
- Lexpert Guide 2016 to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada in the area of Corporate Finance & Securities.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers, 2016.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers, 2016.
He is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (Very High to Pre-eminent), its highest level of professional ranking.
Mr. Nixon is a member of the Law Society of Alberta and the Calgary and Canadian Bar Associations.
|Études et diplômes
University of Alberta (LL.B. 1979).
|Admission au barreau